Monday, December 17, 2012

It is Official...

Chris's View-

So, the verdict is in... Permanent Retirement!

After a long hard fight, the board decided that there was enough evidence to convert the temporary retirement to a permanent retirement.  There are still some steps that have to be done, but the big part is taken care of.  I really feel I earned the benefits of a retirement across the nearly last 17 years, and it is nice that the military has acknowledged that my efforts were not in vain.

My mind has been racing since I found out about all the things that I have to complete now:

- Retirement planning
- Transition assistance classes
- Planning our move
- Finish my resume
- Weed out our belongings so we are not moving stuff we no longer need (yes, we still have stuff in boxes!)
- Try to decide what I want to be when I grow up
- Out-processing

This is just the tip of the iceberg too!

I do not know the exact retirement date yet.  They have a formula that they use to figure out the actual retirement date.  I am assuming that the date will be around April.  We are going to try to get to June though.  First & foremost, my work could really use me till then, but it would also make for a logical time to transition my family back to the states.

So, with all that said... anyone have some leads on jobs out there with a $65K+ per year salary!  LOL!

See ya'll later!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! I'm so glad I don't have to write letters to my senators.:) Now hurry before Maria adds another broken or bruised body part to the list she has going!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what'cha think!