Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Happy Birthday, Griffin!!!!

Our little boy is 4 years old!  I just can't believe it.  He's still the size of a 24 month old and so it's just hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that he's 4!  He's such a big boy now.

I'm pretty sad that Chris couldn't make it here to celebrate his very first birthday with a family, but hopefully this is the last birthday that Chris will ever have to miss!  We plan to celebrate his birthday this weekend, so I will post pictures of our celebration and cake smash!  Looking forward to it!

Today was business as usual.  Speech therapies for the little ones this morning and OT for Little G.  Speech went great!  When we got to the hospital, I opened the van door and Griffin immediately signed "mommy".  Melt my heart!  This is the first time he has ever signed "mommy" without me having to prompt him.  The ST said that he did very well, however, she used a highchair today.  He was much more focused because of it and got a lot of participation from him.  A highchair is definitely the way to go for him.  He's still in the exploratory mode, wanting to see and touch everything when he enters a room.  He really does need to be contained!

I got to sit in on Little G's speech today.  (I will rotate every week.)  I love to watch her.  She is at an incredibly cute age and I love hearing her little voice.  It's just adorable to me and music to my ears.  She was tested today and I will get the results next week to see her actual progress.  She has changed so much in the past few months!

OT for Little G went great today!  She absolutely loves Thorston and I believe that he's making progress with her now.  I suppose it's because he gained her trust, but she is thrilled to see him every week.  He thinks it's hilarious that she can say his name.  Pretty good for a 2 year old!

Griffin got to have his favorite meal of pizza tonight for his birthday dinner.  Afterward, I gave him a turtle brownie.  I sat it on his tray, took 5 steps to get my camera, and he shoved the ENTIRE brownie in his mouth.  I debated digging it out of his mouth but decided to see if he could handle it, for fear of shoving it down his throat.  Yep!  He had to hold his hand over his mouth to keep most of it in, but he got it down very well!  Needless to say, I didn't get any pictures because I was on edge, ready to do the Heimlich!

Chris is on his way home!  However, he just informed me that his flight was delayed so he may miss his connecting flight.  <sigh>  I pray he can make it!  I have so much to do these next two days and I'm actually in a bind with scheduling.  I could sure use his help!  Praying he will be home at 0700!  Please, God, oh PLEASE!

Love and Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what'cha think!