Wednesday, October 17, 2012

WOAH! Slow Down, Momma!

This is going to be short and sweet but thought I would just jot this down really quick.  I had to remind myself the other day that skills are just going to take time!  I have been working with Griffin to sign "all done" every time he needs to be removed from something... the highchair, crib, stroller, etc.  He knows the sign but  refuses to do it.  It got to the point where I was standing at his crib for 5-10 minutes asking, "all done?" and then show him the sign.  "All done?!?!?"  show him the sign.  "ALL DONE?"  Show him the sign with his own hands and then finally he may do it.  So I am just taking a step back and I'll give him 30 seconds or so to sign.  If he doesn't, I'll use his hands to do it, and then move on.

When I got him out of the crib from nap time today, his jeans were laying on the floor.  I guess all of this night time practice before bath is paying off!  They were buttoned so he had to work pretty hard to get those jeans down.

Speech therapy went well today for both of the little ones.  Little G is a little parrot and doing very well with repeating single words.  She won't say more than one word at a time, even if it's the same word, like "up, up, up!"  So we are going to work on putting 2 words together.

Griffin did well with copying some sounds that the therapist was making.  She learned that he must be trapped in a chair or else he will slowly shuffle all around the room.  We are going to practice "I want" or "my turn" by helping him pat his chest.  Not the correct sign but it will work better for him, we think.  She also wants to focus on making items have purpose.  He is content to sit, hold, and stare at the play coins that go into the piggy bank, but we are trying to work on helping him to actually play.  In speech.  haha.  I guess it all goes hand in hand.  :-)

Anyway, enough!  Dude wants his mandarin oranges!

Love and Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what'cha think!