Sunday, October 28, 2012

Another Day at the Hospital...

2 nights ago, Chris' pain spiked back up to a 9 all of a sudden.  They ended up having to call a doctor in around 11:00pm since the pain meds weren't giving him any relief.  The orthopedic doc ordered a CT of his elbow to see if there were any changes.  Low and behold, the order did not get put in correctly so they did a CT on his wrist and not his elbow. I think they will be doing his elbow today.

The doctor is putting him on NPO orders after midnight just in case the surgical team will take him to surgery to drain some fluid off of his elbow.  If they don't take him to the surgery, then the doctor is bouncing around the idea of putting him on oral antibiotics and sending him home.  I believe his pain level is around an 8 right now so I don't understand why it would be a good idea to send him home with little improvement on the pain... but who knows.  I'm not a doctor.

All is well on the home front.  It's great having my mom here.  Don't know what I'd do without her!

Sorry for the short posts!  More soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what'cha think!