Saturday, September 1, 2012

A Surprise for Big G

When we left Big G with Germany friends for 30 days so that we could go to Griffin's country, I promised her that I would take her on a mommy/daughter trip once we got settled and back on our feet.  That seemed to give her a lot of hope and motivation to make it through those long 30 days.  She is and has always been a momma's girl and there's just a special bond between us.  I have been doing my best to think of a reasonable trip for us to take.  The travel agency provides great and affordable little trips to the surrounding countries and at one point, I considered taking her to Italy.  However, about a week ago, my hubby found an ad for a 24 hour trip to Disneyland Paris, and even though we've been twice over the 3 1/2 years we have lived in Germany, I decided to take her again. 

We will leave at 0330 Sunday morning and will be on base by 0300 Monday morning.  I plan on telling her when I wake her up at 0200.   She will be so excited!  As of right now, she has a sore throat and I am praying that she doesn't develop fever.  I'm not telling her about it until the last minute because it never fails, something always happens, comes up, someone gets sick, etc. and I don't want her to be hurt if we have to cancel.  As of right now, everything is looking good, as long as she doesn't develop a fever.

Disneyland Paris is nice, but it's not like Disney in the States.  Let's just put it this way, the French do not care about your magical experience. LOL.  The park isn't as clean and immaculate as the parks back home, but to a 7 year old, it's amazingly wonderful and she will have a blast!  I'm sure I will have a lot of fun too, but honestly, I'm just looking forward to spending time with her.  She's been such a trooper through this adoption and has been so understanding of all of my time that I have had to devote to our little ones.  She is absolutely precious and deserves much more than this.

Monday will be a tiring day for sure.  I will probably be pulling into our driveway around 0400 and will have to take Little G and Griffin to their initial Occupational Therapy appts at 0900.  I'm really looking forward to those appts but we are going to be so tired!  (They are being seen at a German clinic off base so that's why we have an appt on Labor day.)  Chris is working so I won't be able to have his help, but we will make do!  There will be a nap in our future that day, for sure!  Plus, we should be able to sleep on the bus ride home from Disney.

But anyway, if you see her today, don't let it slip!  She is going to be so excited!  I will post pics, promise!

Love and Hugs!

1 comment:

  1. Have a blast on your trip. The best for Big G will be all that Mommy and Me time. Just "grown up" girl talk.
    I'll say a prayer for a good trip and for Daddy's time at home. Tell him I said "Don't hold back with the cookies!" :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what'cha think!