Saturday, June 30, 2012

Just a Cruisin'

Maria's View-

So today, we got up bright and early and the hubs cooked us some French toast!  YUMMO.   I took Big G to her ballet practice for the last time until fall and then we went to a yard sale!   There are a few families who are going through an adoption and this yard sale was to help one of them out.  You can follow their blog here.  I love going to yard sales and on my way there, I picked up my friend Lura, who is also adopting, and we spent the morning together.  It was really nice and I enjoyed the conversation and company!  After a meal at Chilis, we made our way home and my friend, Ashley, came over to meet Griffin for the first time.  It was a nice visit and Griffin really enjoyed it! 

Griffin is so active now.  He loves to cruise around and explore.  I can put him in the living room so that I can run to the kitchen to fix lunch and before I know it, he's doing his very best to find me.  Love him!!!  He is quick to come to me now when I ask him to and if I walk to him and put my hands out, he will immediately plunge into my arms.  He is just a sweetheart.

On a random note, I logged in all of my Huggies codes over the past 1 1/2 years and earned a free lunch box for Big G. LOL!  Only took 1 1/2 years.  Sad. 

On an aggravating note, my computer crashed because one of the little ones yanked my power cord out of the laptop and Chris said it immediatly shut down and was dead.  It gives the 7 beeps of doom when we try to turn it on along with the black screen of death.  The computer guy said that it would cost more to fix than a brand new computer so Chris went to the BX and found one for $350.  Thank goodness.  Since when did laptops get so inexpensive?  I was expecting to pay at least $500+. 

On a thankful note, I'm blessed beyond measure and I thank God every day for my family and my friends.  This adoption road has been hard but we are so glad that it's over and we can move on with our lives.  With that being said, it's kind of lonely at times on this side of the adoption...so I'm very thankful for my friends, for anticipating my needs, and for meeting me there.  Don't know what I would do without y'all! 

But anyway, sorry my blog is late tonight... we had to set the new laptop up.  As I type this, both of the littles are in bed and Griffin is babbling over the baby monitor more than I have ever heard him.  It's one of the most sweetest sounds. 

Goodnight!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what'cha think!